Advice needed: Hard plumb AGP - molded hosebarbs

kjcole

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2008
Solon, Iowa
I'm installing my solar panels and want to convert my 1 1/2 flex hose to 2 inch sch. 40 (all the plumbing parts that came with the panels - four 4X12 Fafco - are 2 inch). My skimmer outlet and return both use molded hosebarb-type connections (Lomart pool). Any advice on how to connect to these? I can always use a short length of hose with hose clamps, and a threaded hosebarb to mate to the appropriate sch. 40 female threaded fitting. That just doesn't seem too elegant (those hosebarb fittings just don't seem reliable). Short of replacing the skimmer and return, is there anything else that might work?

thanks

Kelly

I used a rubber band DWV repair coupling. I actually bought a 2 inch to 1.5 inch reducer and went above the barb and clamped right to the body of the skimmer then to the PVC pipe. I did 1.5 inch pipe so you maybe able to use a 2 inch coupling. I have done this for two seasons with no issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.