More rains for Houston, Montgomery, Fort Bend and others. Brenham w 23" of rain

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to All,

OK, my CA has been diluted, my CYA has been diluted, my FC has been diluted and so has everything else. But, rain water is tops. So, all this rain [this time] is done, I will post my results and see what things I need to do to keep all well w my CSI as too.

Best to all,
tstex

Re: More rains for Houston, Montgomery, Fort Bend and others. Brenham w 23" of rain

it's crazzy isn't it, I have had to drain over 6 inches out just to keep it at the top of the skimmer..

Re: More rains for Houston, Montgomery, Fort Bend and others. Brenham w 23" of rain

we'll my pH prior to rains was 7.2 yesterday, now it's 7.5 today. I had previously increased my TA from 45-50 to 80, then of course the pH was up, 8-8.2 so I corrected it.

I know my CYA is getting even lower, being at 30-35 before the rain, so I was going to ask since I do need to increase the CYA, and I do need chlorine, I was going to drop in a some pucks to raise the CYA to 50ish, knowing that w more rain and only using the TFP method of 8,25% liq bleach, the CYA will again be lowered. I know this is taboo, but does anyone have a make/model puck and where to procure about a dozen that I can use over the next 1-1.5 yrs? I hear that 1 puck deploys 3PPM CYA for a 10K gal pool. so each puck would provide me 2PPM w 15K gal pool. I appreciate your help and support.

Thank you and pls advise, tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.