Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: More rains for Houston, Montgomery, Fort Bend and others. Brenham w 23" of rain

1. Back To Top    #1

More rains for Houston, Montgomery, Fort Bend and others. Brenham w 23" of rain

Hello to All,

OK, my CA has been diluted, my CYA has been diluted, my FC has been diluted and so has everything else. But, rain water is tops. So, all this rain [this time] is done, I will post my results and see what things I need to do to keep all well w my CSI as too.

Best to all,
    tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: More rains for Houston, Montgomery, Fort Bend and others. Brenham w 23" of rain

it's crazzy isn't it, I have had to drain over 6 inches out just to keep it at the top of the skimmer..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: More rains for Houston, Montgomery, Fort Bend and others. Brenham w 23" of rain

we'll my pH prior to rains was 7.2 yesterday, now it's 7.5 today. I had previously increased my TA from 45-50 to 80, then of course the pH was up, 8-8.2 so I corrected it.

I know my CYA is getting even lower, being at 30-35 before the rain, so I was going to ask since I do need to increase the CYA, and I do need chlorine, I was going to drop in a some pucks to raise the CYA to 50ish, knowing that w more rain and only using the TFP method of 8,25% liq bleach, the CYA will again be lowered. I know this is taboo, but does anyone have a make/model puck and where to procure about a dozen that I can use over the next 1-1.5 yrs? I hear that 1 puck deploys 3PPM CYA for a 10K gal pool. so each puck would provide me 2PPM w 15K gal pool. I appreciate your help and support.

Thank you and pls advise, tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill