Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Torn between picking one or the other

1. Back To Top    #1
    Ocala, FL

Torn between picking one or the other

Well its down to Hayward AQR15 or the Cirupool RJ-45 plus. Both are within about $5 of each other. The AQR I can get local and the RJ would have to be ordered on line. Any helpful advice on swaying one way or the other would helpful. Pool specs are below. Thank you.
    21,500 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' Diamond Brite Cool Blue pool. Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5 HP 2 speed pump running on low for 8 hrs a day, Sta-rite PCX125 cartridge filter, CircuPool RJ-45 SWG, 500 watt incandesce light, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot cleaner, Solar-Breeze NX & TF-100 test kit, Taylor K1766 kit with speed stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Riverside, CA

Re: Torn between picking one or the other

From what I found on Hayward's site the ARQ15 does 1.47 lbs. per day. The CircuPool (I'm assuming you mean RJ-45 plus) does 2 lbs per day, so there is an output difference. Also, the RJ-45 Plus has a 7 year warranty vs. a 3 year for Hayward, though I haven't investigated the warranty terms.
    Appx. 39,000 gal., in-ground plaster. 48 SqFt Pentair DE grid filter, 1 HP Pentair single speed pump, Circupool RJ-60+ SWG (seen here). Currently using Cellulose instead of DE. Hayward XL suction sweep. TF-100.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Torn between picking one or the other

That new RJ plus at 15000 hours is way over anything going right now, most are about 8000 hours or about 5 years, some more some less..
    CircuPool® RJ-30 Salt Pool System
    add the 1 dollar upgrade to the RJ45 and the RJ 45 will only be 5 dollars more

I have the SJ 45 ( now the SJ40) and it has worked great for me, discount salt pool is awesome from buying it to support on install..

Just to give you all the info, many love the Hayward unit because it has a long record and works well
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **