Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex owners that put plastic edging around your pool base...how did you strap it?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex owners that put plastic edging around your pool base...how did you strap it?

I'm going to put some plastic landscape edging around the base of my intex ultra frame.....i know others have done this. I was wondering how you all strapped the edging to the pool legs.

This is what i've got.....

http://i.imgur.com/eS72OfA.jpg
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex owners that put plastic edging around your pool base...how did you strap it

I think I read somewhere that someone used zip ties and tied it to the legs

Coleman 18'x48' AGP
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 2800GPH
    Intex SWG
    **Under Construction** :)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex owners that put plastic edging around your pool base...how did you strap it

Quote Originally Posted by rdy2fly View Post
    I think I read somewhere that someone used zip ties and tied it to the legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I was thinking too... any tips on keeping the edging tight to the ground? The beveled edges of the feet are a challenge that's defeating me. I was hoping to keep most of the sand away from the pool liner if i could. Making me sweat just thinking about it.....i need a dip in the pool now
    Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

Maybe punch small holes, just big enough to fit zip tie in. Then toe around pole?

18/48 Coleman above ground. Intex sand pump and Intex saltwater system

5. Back To Top    #5

I tried punching the holes and zipping, but the intex 'foot' kinda bumps the edging up.....it wouldn't really keep the sand from creeping under....
    check out this high resolution drawing i've rendered.....http://i.imgur.com/j8RxTIv.jpg

Has anyone done this and just dumped the sand around it? does the weight of the sand keep it down?
    Taylor K-2006

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by nate81 View Post
    check out this high resolution drawing i've rendered.....http://i.imgur.com/j8RxTIv.jpg
    Ha...that is some quality work. I can see what you mean about it bumping it out on the bottom.
    Kevin, TFP Believer & Supporter
    (Yup, I drank the pool water)
    13.5K gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl, TF-100 Test Kit
    2HP Waterway Pump, 200 SqFt Hayward Element Filter
    Recommendations: Pool School, TFTestkits & Pool Math

7. Back To Top    #7

You can always trim the edging around where the feet are, allowing the edging to slip down over it. The first one is going to be a pain, but once you have a template made, the others will go easier. Good pair of tin snips will help you trim plastic edging.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.