LifeTime Supporter
Sep 20, 2014
Pleasanton, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Was just wondering if anyone had ever extended their pool season by simply using a wetsuit instead of going through the cost and headache of heating your pool?

The wife and I swim laps frequently for exercise(rectangular pool) so this may apply more to us than someone who wants their kiddos to still enjoy the pool(our kids our grown up and we have several grand kiddos now.)

Never owned a wetsuit, so just wanted to get any thoughts from someone who does. Thanks so much.

Back in 1993-2000 when I had my previous pool in SW FL I used a short not full wetsuit to extend the season.

It worked for me then but I was younger then! :)

I still have the wetsuit in good condition and I will try it out when my new pool is finished and weather gets cooler. From the speed they are working it might be September before they finally finish.

Swimming on the surface with a wetsuit is not a particularly fun thing to do, and gets worse the thicker the wetsuit is. They work ok for things like scuba diving because the swimming nearly exclusively with the legs usually using long slow kicks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.