Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New leaf canister, Do i need an adapter?

1. Back To Top    #1

New leaf canister, Do i need an adapter?

I just received my new Hayward W530 Leaf canister. I seemed to have noticed a problem. On the inlet side where I attach the hose coming from my vacuum head there are two notch's that look like it would keep me from sliding on the vacuum hose. The Owner's manual that came with it says there are two adapters available but don't say where they work. The first one shown is the AXV098 and the second is the AXV092. Neither appear to be able to lock onto those notch's. How do they work?

skeeter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    47 yr old(1977) 18,000gal Kidney shaped 38ft long plaster Pool with built-in Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050 Pump, Pentair 48sf DE filter, Raypack RP2100 gas heater. HTH 5-way test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New leaf canister, Do i need an adapter?

your hose should just slip on to the ends of the adapters, mine is not the hayward but I had the adapters in the box..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok, I guess I used the wrong word. They aren't notch's on the end they are tabs sticking out that would keep the hose from sliding on. see picture

skeeter
    47 yr old(1977) 18,000gal Kidney shaped 38ft long plaster Pool with built-in Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050 Pump, Pentair 48sf DE filter, Raypack RP2100 gas heater. HTH 5-way test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I have that canister...on mine, the hose gets pressed inside the top hole, not over it.

but the one on the other side is smaller and the hose goes outside/over it.

works with existing hayward navigator cleaner hoses as well as vac hose without an adapter.

if your hose won't fit then you might need to try both.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok I was wondering that because they do look slightly different. I'll check as soon as I get home.

skeeter

6. Back To Top    #6

Well I checked it with my hose and it fits over the output end but is flush with the input side. It won't go over it or inside of it. See pics. Looks like I need an adapter. Is that what the AXV092 adapter listed above is for?

skeeter

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Use the white plastic adapter, one end in your vac hose the other in the cannister

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

yep, thats exactly it..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **