Crystal clear pool, high cloromines?

VMR

May 12, 2015
Modesto/CA
Hi everyone. I am helping my inlaws with their fiberglass pool. It was a swamp and we have been slamming for a few weeks. We finally have the pool crystal clear, it's gorgeous. Last night the chlorine was brought up to shock level at 8:30pm and at approximately 2am it had drifted down from 15 to 12. Everyday I check cloromines and still seem to stay between 1.5 and 2. I don't see any dust or cloudiness and no algae. Is this just tail end of slamming? Thanks for your help.

They have : 28000 gallon fiberglass pool

Chasing the last bit of algae is maddening. Now is when you check inside and beneath ladders and steps and lights and scrub 'em out. Also worth considering: have you added any non-chlorine shock products? The MPS will interfere with the CC test.

What is the CYA level? I know a couple years ago one guy had to finish his SLAM -- also lingering CC despite everything being spotless-- by taking it up to Mustard Algae level. He must have had some pretty hearty algae strain growing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.