Filter Gauge Problem - First Time Opening

pixiedustbelly

Silver Supporter
May 28, 2015
Troy, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hi! I am attempting to open my pool for the first time by myself. Everything seemed to go fine except that pressure gauge on my filter is reading zero (no movement at all). The person who closed the pool last year put the gauge in the pump basket & it has been sitting in a small bit of water all winter. Something has gooed/bubbled on the inside & outside (maybe lubricant?). It doesn't appear to be touching the needle.

My questions is this... everything seems to running fin/normally & I have a swamp that I am anxious to begin getting cleared up. Is it ok to go ahead & leave the filter running until I can get a new one to try? Or should I ABSOLUTELY make sure the gauge is working before I continue? Obviously, I would be keeping a super close eye on everything. Opinions?

20160527_121617.jpg

Those kind die in freezing winter. Options. You could leave it on recirc until:

1. They sell them in pool stores for super cheap. They don't last long but they are quick.

2. TFTestkits.net sells a really nice one for not much more $.

If it were me I would put it on recirc, buy a cheap one locally and then order the TFTestKits one and swap them out when it arrives. Then put the cheap one inside somewhere and keep it for a quick spare.

Thank you both for the info! I didn't realize that TFP sold gauges. Going to recirc, buy a cheepy, & then order a decent one from TFP.

Can't say enough how much I appreciate those of you who always help me on this site!!! :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.