Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filter - Having Trouble with Clamp Ring Knob Assembly

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I posted a few days ago about how I had to order a new clamp ring knob assembly for my filter. I went to install it today, and the instructions state that the gap should be no larger than 1/16". At first it tightened easily, but then it started squeaking really badly. I'm also getting resistance as I try to turn it with the socket wrench. I still have a bit to go, and I'm afraid that I will damage the filter or bolt. Am I doing something wrong? Is it normal for the bolt to make noise when it is being tightened? From what I can see, everything is seated property. I appreciate any suggestions.

Here is a picture of the filter:

Yep, mine squeaks quite a bit. A fair amount of resistance is good, but don't go crazy. I wish they would publish some torque specs. I use a short ratchet 3/8" and tighten as much as I can without using a lot of leverage.

Reactions: Sunnymosmile
Yep, mine squeaks quite a bit. A fair amount of resistance is good, but don't go crazy. I wish they would publish some torque specs. I use a short ratchet 3/8" and tighten as much as I can without using a lot of leverage.

This is how tight I was able to get it. It's 1/16" in the front part, but the gap is wider toward the back of the filter. Is that normal? Do you think it's sufficient? I see the warning about the filter top blowing off, so I want to make sure I'm careful.

As with any type of band clamp, you need to take a rubber mallet and firmly tap the band all the way around the circumference of the band as you tighten it. This helps to seal the band and you will be surprised how much more you can tighten the band after taping it. As for the squeak, put some type of lubrication on the threads and it should quite down. I like to use silicone spray as it will not attract dirt.

Hope this helps you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.