Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: WetEdge Warrantee requires Pool Store "Professional" Testing Monthly

1. Back To Top    #1

WetEdge Warrantee requires Pool Store "Professional" Testing Monthly

Looking ahead to the eventual day my pool under construction gets Plastered and Filled, I see a potential problem with the Warranty.

It requires me to save "Professional" testing reports every month.

Ugh!!!! This means a visit to the Pool Store monthly.

When I got my Pool Construction Estimates I asked the PBs about this and got many different answers ranging from you must get the report to test with your test kit & keep a journal.

My PB told me do whatever you want as "All Warranties are BS".

What should I do?

My thoughts are to let my "Professional" PB do the start up and testing and follow up with my TF-100 testing and keep a logbook.

Won't cost anything to get the monthly "Professional" Pool Store test as I will keep a firm grip on my wallet except to buy some liquid chlorine.
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: WetEdge Warrantee requires Pool Store "Professional" Testing Monthly

I have Wet Edge, and I was never told anything remotely like that. Sounds like your PB is filling you with some BS.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe the Warranty has changed over the years.

From 2016 Wet Edge Warranty:

http://www.wetedgetechnologies.com/f...ranty-2016.pdf

"Water should be professionally tested once a month and records should be kept in order to maintain this warranty."
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Could be. I didn't have that issue. I even worked with a Wet Edge representative before I went with their product.

Professionally tested? I'll go get someone to pay me occasionally to check their pool. Once I'm being paid, I'm a pro, right? I sure the he11 know better how to do my testing than some teenager that has never owned a pool at some stupid store.

Do I sound bitter yet?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Warranties are only as good as the installer/company that honors them. And yes, most of the major plaster suppliers (Wet Edge, PebbleTek, etc) will all require a log of testing from "professionals" (Read the fine print). You will find that, like most warranty programs, if you have a major problem in the out-years, they will all try to throw the blame back on to you. Minor problems and initial installation defects will likely be taken care of, but any major claims will be fought tooth & nail
    no matter how meticulous your records are.

TFPs recommended levels and ranges do not comport with industry standards (specifically FC and TA). So if you choose to get a monthly record, you're water sample is always going to be reported as "off" in some way.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

Installers come and go. They are as bad or worse than roofing companies who suddenly pop up after a hail storm. Wet Edge told me they will stand behind the product even if the installer disappears. Of course, that's before I need it, but with any luck I'll never have to find out if they have lied or not.

7. Back To Top    #7

Sorry, but I don't see a problem. Especially in Orlando Pool stores sell liquid chlorine in bulk. Buy your chlorine there and let them test the water.

There is really noting in the TFP methods that are bad for the water. Just for giggles I take my water and get it tested every once & a while. They give m a pretty print out that says my water is being maintained right about in the middle of their recommendations for every parameter except FC.

FC - I'm at 5 Most pool store employees just look and say just shocked the pool, huh...
    pH - 7.6 OK
    TA - 60 They want to sell me pounds of fancy baking soda, but I decline. It's still at the bottom of their range
    CH - 350 OK
    CYA - 60 OK

What am I missing?

Now, on a different topic. You list "Inline Chlorinator - SWG later" in your signature. Are you planning to chlorinate with pucks all the time? Are you aware of the CYA issues with inline chlorinators?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

8. Back To Top    #8

I'll have to call WetEdge and explain TFP testing that I will be doing.

But I can't call them until after the PB is done and out of here.

PB explicitly told me "Don't ever call any of my Subcontractors" This was after I called his Engineer with a question about the plumbing. Do I sound bitter about PBs?

Hope someone has had discussions with WetEdge about the warranty. I didn't find anything searching so I started this thread.

9. Back To Top    #9

Don't get me started with PBs. My waterline tile is falling off yet again. I bashed the PB here because he wouldn't answer his phone. He finally called and said I was killing his business and fixed the tile, but it's again falling off. He told me that they no longer do tile because they are not a tile company. But I just talked to someone here that used them and they did their tile. They are all liars and crooks as far as I'm concerned.

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes I will use pucks for a while. I have a thread discussing this:

Trichlor for at least a year with new pool

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinK View Post
    Yes I will use pucks for a while. I have a thread discussing this:

Trichlor for at least a year with new pool
    Got it, just wanted to make sure you were aware of the issues and it appears you have covered your bases.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon