Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Floating liner due to heavy rains

1. Back To Top    #1

Lee's Summit, MO

Floating liner due to heavy rains

My pool liner is floating out several inches consistently all the way around. Last year when it was much worse I hired someone and they vacummed it out behind the liner. I was thinking of doing this myself, but do not have a shopvac....could I use the pool vacuum hose via the filter and vacuum to waste?

Also, how hard is it to get behind the liner?

lastly, we have more rain coming tonight and tomorrow, should I try and keep pace or wait until this round of storms are over?

Thank you!!!
    17,000 gallon salt water pool, 5 years old, Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter System with 1.0 HP and S.F. HP 1.25, IntelliChlor chlorine Generator,

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Floating liner due to heavy rains

The problem with trying to use a pool vac is that you're going to have a problem maintaining suction.

Since this appears to be an ongoing problem, I think, if possible, I'd bore a shallow well near the deep end of the pool just a little deeper than the pool depth, and use it to pump the water out when it needed it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit