Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: White stains on bottom of vinyl liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Commerce twp

White stains on bottom of vinyl liner

I didn't open my pool last year. Opened it this past week. And noticed white stains on the bottom of my pool liner floor. I have well water. Not sure what these stains are or how to remove them. I have tried to scrub them and they don't budge. Please help

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: White stains on bottom of vinyl liner

Any chance that they're areas where chemicals were added to the pool and not mixed in to the water well?
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Are they smooth or rough?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    Grand Rapids, MI

Welcome to tfp!
    Posting a pic would help.

How old is your liner? How large are the stains? Are they on the floor or walls?

My liner is 15 yrs old and just last season the print started to wear off in floor areas where the robot over-attends. But when I first bought the foreclosure and opened the swamp in 2012 after it'd been closed a few years and sitting with completely crashed TA and a ph of 4.5 there had NOT been any white stains or non-uniform fading.

Leaving a pool sit closed for a few years and possibly crash I suspect wears down the protective coat on the liner and allows fading to accelerate. So maybe, if your liner is older, its just starting to wear. In my case, I've just been delighted that I got another four years out of mine and she's still holding water

What was your TA and ph on opening? Or do you know?
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains