Leak in flex pvc pipe

Eric K.

Bronze Supporter
Apr 18, 2016
Hilo, HI
I noticed the drip occurred only when jets were on. After accessing the piping and turning jets on, water sprayed out from the curve in the pipe, spraying to the left. I cannot see the hole as it is around the curve, but drew a red arrow to where I think the water was spraying from (see pic).

What are my best options for repairing this?

Before accessing the pipe I ordered some Plast-Aid thinking the leak was at a fitting. The proprietor there explained the differences of the product use on pvc vs. flex pvc (has to do with the butyl layer on the flex pipe). I won't have this item for another 2 weeks, though.

Is there something I can do now (before guests come over this weekend?) to fix the leak? Thanks!!

20160526_1711462_zps61s9bhbd.jpg

unless it is spraying on electronic parts, fill the tub and have fun :)

You can try to wrap a gallon zip lock bag and use zip ties, this will not stop the leak but it will stop the spraying

I hope this helps :)

It seems a bit tight to get in there to replace piping. It's between the filter and corner panel, which appears to be nailed on. Don't really want to rip those slats off.

Maybe for now I'll cover it to stop the spraying and put a tupperware underneath to catch the drips, until the Plast-Aid arrives (assuming it is all that I hear it is).

I knew I'd find ideas here. Thanks!

Cowboy: I didn't make the fix yet because I assumed your idea of the zip loc was to wrap it around the hose and secure with ties. Unless, you pictured the zip loc serving as a bag to catch the drips. That's not what you thought, was it??

yep just a wrap around the pipe to "slow" the leak down from a spray... the plasti aid is about the only thing I know that should stop the leak..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.