I came across this site while searching the Internet in desperation. No matter how much shock I add, I have no free chlorine reading, but there is a total chlorine reading. There is no visible algae in the pool. It looks fairly clear. However, thinking there must be algae, I've tried the algaecides and phos removers. I recently shocked with 2.5 x the amount my pool should get and still have no free chlorine reading.
My pool is a 40,000 gallon inground pool. I'm a new pool owner. I feel as if i might as well be throwing dollar bills in the pool.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.