So, tonight I went to do my daily pool test and noticed a dead field mouse at the bottom of the pool, as I was upping the chlorine level. We did swim last night, so this was definitely a fresh addition this afternoon and hadn't been there longer than 10 hours or so. My FC was at 3.5 and I added enough chlorine to bring it up to 6 and the PH was at 7.5, so I didn't add any acid, but the dead animal worries me. From reading other posts about the subject, I found that the apparently obvious action to take is to shock the pool, but the post I found was dealing with a badly torn up dead animal in the skimmer that had been there a few days. I found this guy at the bottom of the pool, in one piece and he hadn't been there that long, so my question is: should I just go ahead and shock the pool, or will I be okay if I just do an OCLT to ensure the water is still sanitized? My gut says when in doubt I should probably just shock, but wanted to get opinions here too.