Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please help... any tricks that you know would be great!

1. Back To Top    #1

Long Beach ms

Cool Please help... any tricks that you know would be great!

Is there something that will raise ph besides "ph up"?
    I used baking soda to raise the alkalinity. Was that ok?
    So I had my pool tested today well the water anyway... and my results were plum funny had a ph of 6.8... alkalinity of 72 and my chlorine was 14.09 lol
    Supposed to be
    Ph 7.2
    Alkalinity 80
    Chlorine 1.0 -3.0 max
    LOL lady was like what you trying to dissolve a dead body in there???
    Nope it was so I was shocking the heck out of it...
    Turns out it was rust from filling it with well water that had too much iron.... now I have to fix it. haha oh and I thought my saltwater system wasn't working so I was adding Chlorine and maybe just maybe I shouldnt have been :/ haha oh well ill figure it out... second time pool owner... we won't talk about the first time!
    My pool is above ground, 14x42 approx 3500 gallons. This is my second time owning a pool let's not talk about my first pool!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Please help... any tricks that you know would be great!

Welcome to TFP!

Here is a handy page on pool chemicals, what they are, what they do and how to add them Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Take a look here too, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach