Crystal clear pool until you get in it then it clouds up

Jul 19, 2015
Vidalia/LA
My pool stays crystal clear all the time. Well that is until people get in to swim then it clouds up after just a bit of splashing around. Not super cloudy but enough you can't see bottom on the deep end. After swimming is down, it take about 24-36 hours then it is crystal clear again. All my water parameters are great according to TFP's calculator. (I don't have exact number right now)

Is this normal or do I possibly have a problem?

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

Current check of numbers at dusk. Last time I added chlorine was last night about 9pm.

FC : 7.4
CC : 0
PH : 7.6
TA : 90
CH : 320
CYA : 30
Borate : 50*
Water temp : 86F

* I only estimate the borate level to be 50. As of right now I have no way to test for borates and estimate 50 because I followed the recommended dose of boric acid to achieve a borate level of 50. What testing method do you recommend? What strips?

According to the TFP pool math calculator, all of those number are good for a plaster pool using liquid chlorine.

Just throwing out ideas. Is it possible dirt or pollen is getting stirred up off the bottom? Can you replicate by brushing or running a robot if you have one?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.