mini pebble costs

If you've settled on the company to do the work, that figure is very much in the ballpark for the cost of an upgrade from plaster to a "standard grade" mini pebble. However, the pool remodel market in So Cal is very robust, such that bid shopping can get you a surprisingly wide range of pricing. Here in San Diego, I secured a bid for mini pebble that matched bids for a plaster finish - and could not be happier with the results (moreover, his lower bid included a complete "chip out" of the old plaster vs. roughing up of the existing plaster and then applying a bond coat as prep for the finial finish).

Also know that mini pebble itself has a wide range of pricing, depending on the mini pebble line you go with (and varies even within the same mini pebble manufacturer).

The key is to get as many bids as possible from PBs that have favorable review posts on Yelp.

That sounds right--did they tell you what "Level" of Pebble at that price? With my pb there was $1400 different between the two colors of Pebblesheen that I liked. Prism Blue (Level 3) was a $1400 upgrade over Blue Surf (Level 1) on 550 square foot pool.

If you've settled on the company to do the work, that figure is very much in the ballpark for the cost of an upgrade from plaster to a "standard grade" mini pebble. However, the pool remodel market in So Cal is very robust, such that bid shopping can get you a surprisingly wide range of pricing. Here in San Diego, I secured a bid for mini pebble that matched bids for a plaster finish - and could not be happier with the results (moreover, his lower bid included a complete "chip out" of the old plaster vs. roughing up of the existing plaster and then applying a bond coat as prep for the finial finish).

Also know that mini pebble itself has a wide range of pricing, depending on the mini pebble line you go with (and varies even within the same mini pebble manufacturer).

The key is to get as many bids as possible from PBs that have favorable review posts on Yelp.

Could you share the name of you refinisher? I am in Vista and looking at exactly the same

Our base bid was 5700 for plaster. We asked for a cost to upgrade to mini pebble and they came back with an additional 5800.

We had to rethink that number. Seemed super high to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds outrageous. Seems like the PB was inflating the cost because they either don't like doing pebble or don't want your job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.