Adding sheet metal around my pro series pool

chayne

Bronze Supporter
I was sitting in the pool last night and I thought, would it be possible to add a thin sheet metal around the outside of the posts. I thought that it might add some strength to my pool so that maybe it would not move so much. I dont know thought. I was thinking that maybe going from ground level to maybe the bottom of the connectors. What do you all think?

Charles

yes that is what i was looking for more wall integrity. by moving too much what i was referring to was that when the kid jumps in, the walls sway a little bit. it makes me kinda nervous. i have taken my hands and placed them on top rail and shook pool pretty good and nothing happens other than it just sways. i just thought that maybe if i put the sheet metal around the outside of the pool that it might keep that swaying down. i have a buddy that owns a sheet metal shop and he would give it to me for a really good price. it would be one solid piece screwed to the poles with self tapping screws that would not go all the way through to the liner.

If you were to do this you would have to ensure the sharp edges would not puncture the liner. Also would you just leave the pool up year round? Is that what you plan to do? I haven't heard of many stories of steel framed pools collapsing. As long as you are level you should be fine.

no was not planning on keeping up all year this year, but for sure next year. i will be building a partial deck on one end of the pool. yes, that is why i was going to place the metal on the outside of poles away from the liner. would probably even have my buddy crimp the top edge of the metal so that there would be no sharp edges to cut hands or anything else.

Your pool probably already has a top cord. Give us a picture. Even something as simple as two wraps of "truckers rope" would stiffen it up a lot. Maybe too much. Some engineer with colored pencils and a slide rule figured out the forces on your pool. It may not work as well stiffer.

Howdy to you down there in Denton. I will get some pics on here tomorrow. No my pool does not have a top cord. What do you mean by top cord. I only have the webbing around the bottom. You mentioned something about truckers rope. Don't think I have ever heard of that. Don't guess you mean ratcheting straps?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.