Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator questions

Installed a LQ a couple of weeks ago and have a few questions I'm hoping somebody can help me with. As of now the LQ doesn't seem to be keeping up. I have ordered the 3/8" upgrade but have not received it yet. I have a vs pump that I'm running 8 hrs. per day at 2600 rpm, my pool is 12,000 gallons. I have the shut off valve at full open and using pinch a penny pool chlorine and FC has steadily dropped and is now 2 ppm. and continuing to drop. I know the 3/8 upgrade will help some but was wondering if I also need to increase pump speed to increase efficiency. Also I noticed today the black ball in the flow indicator is only reaching about 2.5 and gauge on filter is reading 10 psi. I keep only the return open on the pressure side and only the skimmer or vacuum open on the suction side. I did close the return valve a little and it brought pressure up to 12 psi and the flow indicator up to almost 4. Any and all suggestions welcome.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator questions

We're both running about the same. Vs speed at 2200 rpm. I have the upgrade fittings that I will be putting back on to see if it will help.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

3. Back To Top    #3

Installed the 3/8" upgrade today and wow what a difference. I don't think the LQ will have any trouble keeping up now.

4. Back To Top    #4

My pool is 29k-41k depending on who you ask (I need to measure it myself) and my 3/8 LQ can blow it out with chlorine.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

5. Back To Top    #5

Changed mine today back to the 3/8 and I think I'm doing good as well. It's been 90 degrees for the past couple of days. Made a shade cover out of pallet wood which I think helps.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.