Return eyelet positioning

Hey all, hoping for some advice on how to position my return eyelets. I have 2 skimmers, 2 deep end drains and 3 returns.

#1 is in the deep end directly across from a skimmer (#1 on same side as shallow end skimmer)

#2 and #3 are in the shallow end directly across from my other skimmer

It's a rectangular pool for reference. Appreciate any help, thanks!

You really want to create a wirlpool type effect so everything gets pulled into the skimmers

Use ping pong balls, mail packing foam, empty plastic coke bottle with cap on and throw in the pool and see if they get sucked into the skimmer, adjust the returns until they do :)

#1 is in the deep end directly across from a skimmer (#1 on same side as shallow end skimmer)

#2 and #3 are in the shallow end directly across from my other skimmer
Given this layout, I would just point the returns right at the skimmer and push everything right into it. The only issue is that depending on the layout, it can create some dead spots but it is worth a try. I have used that technique on my pool with some success.

Given this layout, I would just point the returns right at the skimmer and push everything right into it. The only issue is that depending on the layout, it can create some dead spots but it is worth a try. I have used that technique on my pool with some success.

So with the two together both should point at the skimmer? The one closest to the deep end is currently angled up so it creates a rippling effect

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.