Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Data app?

1. Back To Top    #1

Data app?

Anyone use any testing data apps they like or could recommend?
    24 ft round AG 12,700 gal. vinyl
    Doughboy Sequel II Rotary DE filter
    TF-100 test kit. 1st full season

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Data app?

I don't, but I've read some folks just use their smart phones to tie into the PoolMath calculator on this website.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

As recommended in another thread, I use PoolPal...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.plb.pool
    Kevin, TFP Believer & Supporter
    (Yup, I drank the pool water)
    13.5K gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl, TF-100 Test Kit
    2HP Waterway Pump, 200 SqFt Hayward Element Filter
    Recommendations: Pool School, TFTestkits & Pool Math

4. Back To Top    #4

I use Pool Calculator, but it has been a while. Once you get the swing of things, you don't really need it on your phone. That and I've gotten to where I bring my sample into the house...

Pool-Calculator on the App Store
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP does not endorse any particular phone app but you may find members who like a particular one. Some apps are only available on one platform (iOS-only or Android-only), few have any kind of data logging and some are just not designed well. Many fail to take into account what is taught here in terms of recommended levels and proper dosing (be careful to make sure any app you use calculates dosages correctly...for example, calculating what is needed to increase/decrease pH is actually a complicated, iterative mathematical process that needs to take into account many different factors and so few apps will do that calculation correctly).

One thing you can do is save Pool Math as an offline web-page. That way, if you don't have an internet or cellular connection, you can still use Pool Math to do the necessary calculations.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #6

I was just looking for app to keep track of my testing results. I would always refer to the pool math calc here. Maybe there isn't a need to keep track when the numbers are good. Thanks for the replies though.
    24 ft round AG 12,700 gal. vinyl
    Doughboy Sequel II Rotary DE filter
    TF-100 test kit. 1st full season

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan C View Post
    I was just looking for app to keep track of my testing results. I would always refer to the pool math calc here. Maybe there isn't a need to keep track when the numbers are good. Thanks for the replies though.
    I'm just pondering the idea- What about using PoolMath on your phone and when it is all complete take a screen shot and save it for reference.... would that work for you?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

Data app?

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    I'm just pondering the idea- What about using PoolMath on your phone and when it is all complete take a screen shot and save it for reference.... would that work for you?
    There's no way to manipulate data in that format.

You could use Google Sheets to create a simple spreadsheet and log data that way. You can even keep an offline copy of the sheet in your mobile device to use if your not connected to WiFi or cellular.

Some people have even used Google Forms to create an input form that is linked to a Sheet for data logging.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
    There's no way to manipulate data in that format.
    True for manipulating, but a screen shot would allow for a record to review as a way to track.

10. Back To Top    #10

I use poolpal also. Works very well - Instantly tells me what I need to add to correct my levels according to what chemicals I choise to use
    13,000 Gallon AG Vinyl, Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP Single Speed @ 80GPM, Hayward XStream 100SF Cartridge Filter