Brushing is king?

eublet

Gold Supporter
May 24, 2016
Mobile, AL
So while I've been waiting on my TF100 kit to arrive, I've been going through old threads and just soaking things in. In the past (going back to my teenage years when I helped maintain my grandparents pool), we seldom brushed the pool unless there was noticeable algae on the walls. My grandparents pool was under large oak trees, and we vacuumed it constantly. Fast forward 30 years, and I now own my first pool. There's very seldom anything on the bottom other than some dead earthworms and a few small leaves, but I vacuum the pool regularly. What I mean is, I vacuum the ENTIRE bottom of the pool to waste. I move quickly, but it takes 15-20 minutes and 2-3 inches of water out of the pool. I usually have to over fill the pool with city water before I vacuum, and let it run while I vacuum so that I can get the entire bottom covered, then run another hour or two after to get back to the proper level. I have been doing this every 1-2 weeks.

My pool is plaster, so brushing is work. Plus each time I do vacuum, it kicks up a milky residue that makes the pool cloudy, so I've just figured I need to vacuum more often to get that up instead of brushing it. The last couple days of research here seem to have revealed to me the error of my ways. The problem is that I need to quit wasting time/money vacuuming/refilling the pool, and spend more time brushing until I can get most of that cloudy stuff through the filter and backwashed out of the pool.

Am I on to something there?

Am I on to something there?
Cha-ching!

Yeah, you need to get some testing done to discover why the calcium is coming off your surfaces. The TF-100 will be well worth the wait, particularly in your case. When it gets there, of course work your water through the tests but I am particularly interested in your pH and CH........Let's see where they fall out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.