May 19, 2016
Maumee
I am very new to being a pool owner... I have read pool school and have read alot of the posts asking similar questions. I have set up our pool for the summer and filled it with city water. I added 175LBS of salt, one bag of shock, and 1/2 Gallon of 35% CYA. I have not turned on the SWG yet because the FC was high. It finally is coming down so I can turn that on but my PH is above an 8.2. Do I need to add something to lower the PH? I plan to take my water to the pool store to be tested tonight so I will have more numbers then for you but I dont just want to get what they tell me because they are often wrong. Thanks so so much.....

Robin

Yes on the Ph. You'll want to get Muriatic Acid to bring that down. Use PoolMath to figure out how much you'll need. I called around and was able to get it for around $7.50 a gallon (20baum) here.

Please consider investing in a proper test kit from TFTestkits.net - either a K-2006 or a TF-100 (the TF-100 is a better value). You'll save yourself a lot of time and wrong readings - the pool stores can give you 5 different answers on the same sample of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.