East Brunswick, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Resilience / Aquacomfort A5
My 8 year old Hayward Colorlogic led light has died. After reading so many bad reviews about the Hayward light, it seems amazing that it even lasted that long. Everything else I have read has led me to purchase the Pentair Intellibrite 5G. I was told it was much higher quality for about the same price and even watched a YouTube video doing a side by side comparison. My only concern is that the niche has white trim as did my old Hayward light. The Pentair only comes in stainless. Has anyone else put a stainless light into a niche with white trim?

Well, I had been told that the Pentair would fit the Hayward niche (and watched a video on it) but I would just need to use the longer screw from the old Hayward light. We did the install the other night and luckily it fit and its tight. I was concerned that the white niche trim wouldn't look good with the stainless light trim, but it's not the case. It looks good.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

Based on posts that I have read here, I made the choice to switch my broken Hayward for the new Pentair. I also checked out a video on YouTube and it seems pretty cut and dry and it does look good in your pool, that was a concern for me, as well. To confirm, was the video that you watched from 2013 from a guy named Hanner? Thanks!

Yes that was the video. My friend is a licensed electrician, and I helped him with the job. Pulling the cable through was not that difficult. We greased the new wire so it would slide easy. The Pentair light is ever so slightly smaller than the Hayward, but it still clips in at the bottom and tightens with the screw. As long as you center it perfectly and use the screw from the old Hayward light it will fit great and be tight. Took me about 3 tries to get it perfect. Now for my quick review. The Pentair definitely seems like much better quality, but so far I prefer the colors and light shows of the Hayward. Either way it's in, I just hope I get a good 8 years out of it.

Good deal, thanks. That is what I thought, and good thought on greasing the wire. This pool is new to me and had a broken clear light installed that I am replacing. Anything is better than that. I hope to get to it tomorrow or this weekend and will report back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.