Lots of algae and high CYA

CGS said:
frustratedpoolmom said:
If you remove the basket, will the end of the vac hose fit snug in the opening? Then no plate needed?

Yes. But to me it seems liked it was getting too much suction and would grab the floor very snugly. I was getting concerned that it could damage the liner even though the suction head is made for vinyl liners.

Do you now have the bottom drain fully open? Maybe the suction in the skimmer is now corrected for vac'ing?

The pool dropped from 27 to 24 after about 2 hours of sunlight today. I tried to get out there before it got sunny, but having a toddler doesn't always work out that way.

My CC was 0 though, I guess that is a good sign? I also added more bleach to bring the FC value back up and I'm on the way to the store to get more bleach.

Butterfly said:
CGS said:
frustratedpoolmom said:
If you remove the basket, will the end of the vac hose fit snug in the opening? Then no plate needed?

Yes. But to me it seems liked it was getting too much suction and would grab the floor very snugly. I was getting concerned that it could damage the liner even though the suction head is made for vinyl liners.

Do you now have the bottom drain fully open? Maybe the suction in the skimmer is now corrected for vac'ing?

Yes. I was just thinking about this today. I had a three way valve with a broken handle so the bottom drain was partially closed or mostly closed which was causing the skimmer to pull more suction. Now that the bottom is fully open, maybe vacuuming wont be so bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.