Pool water behind liner.

May 22, 2016
Frankfort
I'm new to TFP, but man do I wish I would have found this site 3 years ago when I bought this house. After 3 days of running my pump this year and starting the SLAM process I suddenly started to lose 3-4" in a 24 hour period and to make matters worse the liner floated and came out of the track. Water level behind the liner is exactly the same as pool level no matter where I fill level to. I followed advice and filled level back high turned the pump off and the leaking has seemed to stop but it's hard to tell if the the liner is settling. Mind you we have had 0 rain this week so I don't see how it could be ground water. I believe one of my returns is forcing water behind the liner so I'm looking at advice on how to attack this problem and return my liner to usable form.
20160522_190610.jpg

20160522_190613.jpg
20160522_190631.jpg
My current plan of attack is to suck the water out using either a portable pump or my pools vacuum hose then re-attach the liner make a temporary return back to my pool so I can continue to SLAM while finding and fixing the leak (if level stops dropping with the temporary return).

To update I allowed the water to suck out from behind the liner for about 3 hours, I didn't want it to run over night and risk damaging the pump if it lost suction. https://youtu.be/hXL-inKVHgI That link is a video of the set up if anyone is interested. So for the update allowed the pool to circulate through my temporary dishcharge line while taking suction from the bottom drain all night and still lost about 1" but there is a 5dps leak on my temporary discharge line. Some water returned to behind the liner but that was expected if there is a leak. If anyone has any further guidance on where I should start looking for the leak it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.