Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are "Spa Metal Free" and "Metal Free" identical?

1. Back To Top    #1

Are "Spa Metal Free" and "Metal Free" identical?

I accidentally bought 1L of Spa Metal Free instead of just regular Metal Free, I can't find any reference to the contents but I am assuming they are identical?

Can anybody advise?

TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

2. Back To Top    #2

I wouldn't assume that without actually comparing the ingredients of one to the other.

Spas are often sanitized with Bromine instead of Chlorine, and have certain products that work just for Bromine, or could even have something that if mixed with Chlorine could be dangerous.

In this case, it may be perfectly fine, but I really don't know.

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    the most obvious difference is going to be the concentrations. One is meant for a spa and the other a pool. Those products are meant for any sanitizer though so that won't matter.

4. Back To Top    #4
    I'd "guess" that the spa version is more diluted, more expensive and in smaller quantities, but that is only a guess. I'd do as Buggsw suggested and compare the ingredients.