Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bleach question What would you guys, the pros do?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bleach question What would you guys, the pros do?

Ok so I have a couple options for getting some bleach.

Option 1 2.5 gallon jerry jugs of bleach 12.5% for $10.95 each. I asked and the bleach was made a week ago. They make their own bleach on site.

Option 2: Go to Ocean state Job Lot and buy the 4 gallon case at $12.00 also 12.5% Just not sure when made etc.

Opening the pool so will be doing the SLAM process.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
    pool size - 40kgal
    finish - Gunite
    pump size in horsepower and brand-Variable Speed, Hayward EcoStar SVRS3400
    filter size - Sta-Rite S8M150
    additional equipment - Hayward CL220 Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Bleach question What would you guys, the pros do?

option 2 with asking them to see the date on the gallon, print this off so you know when it was made That is a great price, even if it was a month old

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Harrison, NY

Re: Bleach question What would you guys, the pros do?

I read on one of the forums here from someone who said OSJL sources their bleach from 3 sources: 2 with Julian dates, and one without. The source without a date ("Mega-Shock" IIRC) reportedly makes fresh batches for OSJL and has them on the shelves within days of production.
    Jay--Metro NYC
    35K gal, in-ground, free-form, pebble finish, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, autofill. No spa, no features. Partial shade.
    Pentair C&C cartridge filter (400 sq in), Pentair VS pump, Pentair 140 btu heat pump, Triton Plus Robo-cleaner; Stenner with 55 gal bleach cistern. TFT 100 test kit.