unlevel pool????

May 26, 2016
Anywhere, PA
Hey everyone, new to the forum.

I set up an intex 15 x 36 easy set pool. The ground was professionally leveled. The person that leveled, dug in as recommended. I would say at max height he dug in about 8-10 inches. I tamped the dirt down of the leveled area. I added foam board and a heavy duty tarp as recommended as I browsed through this forum.

When I filled the pool it was less than an inch off the day I filled it (about 2.5 weeks ago). Pool looked great. Since I've filled it, we have gotten pounded with rain in the Philadelphia area. There has been washout under the foam and the pool is now roughly 2 inches off and there is a deep end.

I'm very discouraged as you can imagine since I had it professionally leveled and followed the recommendations of most on this forum. I think the pool could be operable as it stands today even though it is now above the recommended limit.

My concern is not the current state, but rather that we are only 2.5 weeks since filling and it moved that much. Meaning, it will only get worse and quickly especially if there is more rain. I'm not sure what I can do to prevent this. I know I will probably wind up emptying the pool shortly but don't want to run into the same issue again.

My 3 year old daughter has been chomping at the bit to get in as I got the chemical levels correct. They are finally correct and ready for the weekend and I noticed this last night. I'm super bummed as you can imagine. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Welcome to TFP. Pictures would help a lot. Please fill out your signature and add all of your pool details.

Crushed gravel will give you a good base to work with. You'll still want to use pavers under each leg. You made the right decision.

Crushed gravel will give you a good base to work with. You'll still want to use pavers under each leg. You made the right decision.

Sorry I might have not been clear, it is an easy set pool. There are no legs. I will upload some pics when I get home from work tonight from when I originally started. Pool is almost emptied. Going to let the area dry out for the rest of the day. Dig again tomorrow morning and get the gravel down and hopefully refilling by tomorrow night.

Thanks again everyone for all of your responses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.