Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Manual Pool Cleaners

1. Back To Top    #1

Manual Pool Cleaners

Our automatic pool cleaner all of a sudden has a mind of its own and will not travel the entire pool. It seems to want to stay in certain areas. It does clean where it travels but will just not travel over the entire pool. After 6 hours of experimenting and trying to fix it, I am ready to invest in a manual pool cleaner. Our automatic pool cleaner is by Goby and is only a little over 1 year old so I am not ready to invest in another one right now. We have a cheap manual one that came with our pool but it was free and probably not worth that if you know what I mean.

Can someone suggest a good manual pool cleaner? I have seen some of the battery operated ones but not sure if they are worth the investment. Our pool has a vinyl liner and saltwater system. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Manual Pool Cleaners

The best "manual pool cleaner" I can think of is a Whale Wall brush, but I think you are talking vacuum? I can get really good results by doing nothing but brushing my pool, the filter takes care of the rest.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

By "manual", I'm guessing you mean a vac that you push by hand with an attached pole, so you can vacuum up stuff you see. I did research on this topic for my detached spa and did a ton a reading on Water Tech vacuums, which have rechargeable batteries. You can do a search on the site. These type of vacuums are polarizing, love or hate. Also, you have to very meticulous in your maintenance of them as the electronics will fry if you get any water into the battery chamber. They range from very cheap to kinda pricey.
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Ocgasman View Post
    By "manual", I'm guessing you mean a vac that you push by hand with an attached pole, so you can vacuum up stuff you see. I did research on this topic for my detached spa and did a ton a reading on Water Tech vacuums, which have rechargeable batteries. You can do a search on the site. These type of vacuums are polarizing, love or hate. Also, you have to very meticulous in your maintenance of them as the electronics will fry if you get any water into the battery chamber. They range from very cheap to kinda pricey.
    Yes. This is what I am talking about. I will check these out. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

I have been really pleased with this: Water Tech Pool Blaster Leaf Demon Battery Powered Leaf Vac Pool Cleaner

Just make sure you have a beefy pole like the gorilla.
    Jeff || 19,000g IGP || SwimClear 3025 Cartridge Filter || Hayward TriStar 1.39 THP pump || K-2006 Test Kit || 80% Surface Coverage Heliocol || Hayward Controller || Hayward Phoenix 4X4 || "Solar Rings" || PoolSkim

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by censored View Post
    I have been really pleased with this: Water Tech Pool Blaster Leaf Demon Battery Powered Leaf Vac Pool Cleaner

Just make sure you have a beefy pole like the gorilla.
    I need a vacuum more for dirt on the bottom than leaves. We do not have any leaves.

8. Back To Top    #8

Anyone else have suggestions for a decent manual vacumm for sediment/dirt? We're also looking for an option, since our infloor system is non-functional at this point and will likely need hundreds of dollars of parts to replace the missing pieces.

We'd also like a good quality manual vac. that's inexpensive, as we hope to get the infloor system working, but it's not in the cards to do so yet.
    27,000 gal. plaster IG with round spa built in 2007. TFT-100 test kit XL w/ Speedstir
    Jandy CL580 cartridge filter. Jandy 1.0 hp filter pump, 1.5 hp booster/spa? pump.
    Aqualink RS One Touch controls. Paramount PC2000 In-floor cleaning system (1.0 hp pump?). Jandy LX pool heater, apparently broken.
    Missing so much gear due to previous foreclosure, it's sad.