Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Oasis Z5 wont turn on

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Oasis Z5 wont turn on

Took delivery of a new Z5 last week from Epic Pools. Big shout out to everyone here for that connection. Saved money for sure. My problem is that it comes with essentially no owners manual and the third night I went to turn it on the button did not work. I plugged and unplugged and then pushed a small button to the left of the actual on/off button and was able to get it to work. When it was done I could not turn it off, I had to unplug it. Same thing happened again last night. I did use the remote the second night that I had it and I'm thinking I have set it to a permanent manual mode or something. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Central Md. 37 X 21 24K IG Custom Gunite with Anvil Quartz finish. Raised Spa.
    Sta-Rite Natural Gas Heater. Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sta-Rite 450 sq ft. Cartridge Filter.
    Pentair 1.5 Hp Variable Speed Pump. TF100. Dolphin Z-5. First swim 5/26/16

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Oasis Z5 wont turn on

Make sure your outlet has power. Mine will occasionally pop the GFCI button (not the robots fault).
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Power is fine. I did get it to work. I just cant get the on off switch to work like it should.
    Sta-Rite Natural Gas Heater. Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sta-Rite 450 sq ft. Cartridge Filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

If power is already on, you have to turn it off for about 10 seconds, then it will turn back on. You can't just turn it off then back on again. Does that help?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Tried that. Waited a day and still had the same problem. Just called Epic and they are sending me a new power supply, no questions asked. Didn't want the old one back. Great Customer Service.

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow that's great service for sure. I had an old Dolphin that ate power supplies, and since I got it at Leslie's, support was pretty much zero. Spent a lot of time manually brushing due to waiting on new power supplies. Knock wood, my Z5 has been issue-free.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the link. Amazing that you don't get a better owners manual.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    Wow that's great service for sure. I had an old Dolphin that ate power supplies, and since I got it at Leslie's, support was pretty much zero. Spent a lot of time manually brushing due to waiting on new power supplies. Knock wood, my Z5 has been issue-free.
    Don't get me started on power supplies. With my old Diagnostic I had ebay alerts turned on for the power supplies and it got to the point that if the price was good I just bought one because I knew I'd need it soon enough (and I did). I have 4 in my shed. I hold out hope that they're fixable (and then what???).
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner