GFIs keep tripping

May 25, 2016
Gray, GA
Good evening.
I have just recently bought and installed my new Intex pool and splurged with the purchase of the saltwater system. All new power was run from the house (110) and ended at two GFI receptacles ran off the same line, complete with "outdoor use" covers. The pool pump and saltwater system both have factory installed GFI plugs on them. The pool pump is plugged in and runs like a champ. However, when I plug in the new saltwater system, the built-in GFI on that cord trips.....every single time. I thought maybe that something was wrong with the plug, so I plugged it into an outlet (non-GFI) in my garage. The system still tripped. Ok. Bad system maybe? I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a brand new saltwater system for free since mine was brand new. Hooked everything up, plugged it in......and it tripped...again.
Any idea on why this is happening??? Two "bad" saltwater systems in a row seems very unlikey......:confused::confused::confused:

did the new one trip in the garage on a non GFI plug?

Try this, (not to be used all the time, just as a test) run an extension cord out to the connected SWG with the pump running water through the system and plug the SWG in the non GFI extension cord, if it works then the SWG is good..

The problem is, most GFI do not like to be on a plug with another GFI and you are trying to plug in 4 GFI on the same power and they will trip each other...

I hope this helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.