light brown stain on above ground vinyl liner

Tip32

May 25, 2016
Amory MS
We did not get our pool covered after we dropped the water line below the intake. Needless to say alot of leaves fell in before we covered. When the cover was removed the water was clear and pretty. We raised the water to the appropiate level. I checked the ph and adjusted to the correct level and turned the pump on filter.....this awful brown water was released into the pool!! I immediantly backwashed and it took several times to get it clear and then I rinsed.

The next day I could not see tbe bottom so I added the chlorine and checked ph. Ran the filter and added shock. Then I addex an algecide.The next day tbe water looked clear and I could see the bottom. I removed all the leaves with the polaris and vacuum. The liner under the leaves is beautifully blue but everywhere else is a light dingy brown and it will not brush off. Stained!
Any ideas on what happened and why that was in my sand filter and what will work to remove stains?

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

You are tossing things into your pool without knowing the outcome. That's a big tenant of TFP not to do that.

Let's see if we can help. Do you fill from a well? we'll go from that answer.

Had a similar issue but I knew this was from metal (from the previous owner) looks for Vitamin C test on the web for testing - Mr. Duraleigh probably asked the well question because of the metal content. For my light dingy brown stain all over my pool, Sparkle Conquest cleared it up in a day and no brushing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.