Dreaded Chlorox Splash-less Bleach

Wilky

Jul 30, 2012
Unfortunately I purchased 2 large 116 oz. bottles of Chlorox Splash-less bleach thinking it was just a splash-less pour spout. I realize now there is another chemical mixed in it to thicken it, and should not be used in the pool.

After opening last week I emptied both bottles on consecutive days into my 22,000 gallon vanishing edge pool, and also poured some directly into my vanishing edge basin (3' x 15' x 4' deep). The next day the basin was filled with foam. There is no foam issues in the main pool area at all. I have probably scooped the foam out of the basin over 30 times (because I am OCD about the pool). Anyway, it's been a week now and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I've read on several other threads here, that after 3-5 days it should dissipate. I cleaned the filters and that hasn't helped. Should I just be more patient? Will it definitely go away eventually? Should I toss in some anti foam liquid meant for hot tubs into the basin? Should I drain out some of the basin and refill with my water? I really hate doing that because I'm on a well and even though I have a decent home filter system, my well has heavy iron content that can sneak through. Any advice is greatly appreciated. This site has been a Godsend for me and you guys are so incredibly helpful to everyone. Thanks. Jeff

The foam will go away as the chlorine goes away..... Just go find regular plain bleach.

....and have they shrunken the bottles from 121 ounces already?? Used to be gallons were a full 128 ounces. What a rip. geesh. :pth:

home_hero_bubble.png

Regular bleach and patience will clear it. Don't add anything extra unless you have a pool party planned or something.

Thank you everyone. Patience is a virtue, but unfortunately one I don't possess. At least I know it will go away in due time.

Richard, you mention "adding regular bleach will clear it"....I have an SWG and my chlorine level is sitting pretty @ 6, so I don't need to add bleach. Are you saying I should still add it? Will it help expedite the removal of the "bad" Chlorox ingredient?

Thank you everyone. Patience is a virtue, but unfortunately one I don't possess. At least I know it will go away in due time.

Richard, you mention "adding regular bleach will clear it"....I have an SWG and my chlorine level is sitting pretty @ 6, so I don't need to add bleach. Are you saying I should still add it? Will it help expedite the removal of the "bad" Chlorox ingredient?
I missed that you have a SWG. :oops: You're making your own bleach onsite. Ignore that part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.