Stain identification

May 6, 2013
Pics of the offending stain attached. Problem is it's right in the middle of the deep end around the main drain.

I started with a chlorine push and the broom - tried to "scrub" the bottom with it, but couldn't really get it going. I let it sit overnight and thought maybe I saw some improvement, but I can't be sure.

Bought vitamin C and put it in a sock. It wouldn't sink so I tied it to the same broom and pushed it onto the bottom. Doesn't appear to be having any effect.

I'd like to try scrubbing with a chlorine puck, but I can't come up with a good way to get it down there (and have enough force behind it to actually "scrub" the bottom). Any tips on next steps here?

FC 10 (coming off shock)
CYA 30
TA 90
CH 390

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 29
Since you can't seem to get down there right now, just leave your FC at SLAM level for a couple days and continue brushing. If it's organic, like from a pile of leaves or something, it should start to change. If it's from metals, that's a different story. If it's a calcium stain, that will require a different approach as well. Since the water appears to be cold right now, increasing FC seems to be a decent option to try first. By the way, next time you post your tests, please include pH since that's very important for us to analyze your CSI level (calcium). Might also help to include your location (city & state) under your name.

Thanks. I'm in PA. PH is 7.2 and water is 70 degrees. I'll brush daily and see how it goes...

Seems like these should be some kind of device that allows you to hold a chlorine puck on the end of a metal skimmer pole. I tried to tie one onto the brush with some string but couldn't get it right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.