Underground Leak:

fuzzy_dba

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2007
NC
Well, I lost 3/4" of water in the pool yesterday :ncool: and there was not a party :grrrr:

Tonight I start the bucket test to determine if it's:
a) the main drain (YUK!),
b) the 2 returns under 8' of stamped concrete, or
c) the sheer descent that's in the coping under 8' of stamped concrete

My bet is that it's the main drain :roll: due to wet block joints in the retaining wall about 5' down from the top :x . I'll know after checking for 24 hours with the pump running in each scenario, then 24 hours with the pump off/pressure off.

In the meantime I may have to look at getting the scuba tank hydro-stat'd and trying to squeeze into the wetsuit :shaking2: and doing thorough exams of the bottom then some dye testing...

Any other ideas?

spishex said:
You've ruled out leaks at the equipment and through your waste line?
Unfortunately I haven't seen any water leaking from the waste line.

Last night I had it set to pull from just the skimmer and return to just the waterfall. It'll decrease the TA some, but it will rule out 1 scenario. I can re-balance the pool when I'm not loosing water.
Tonight I fill back up, set it so it pulls from the skimmer and returns through the 2 returns only.
Then do the same thing with the main drain...1st thru waterfall, then returns, noting results in each scenario.

Any way to "cover" or seal off the main drains at the liner/bottom of the pool so the hydraulic pressure of the water itself won't leak, if that's where the leak is?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.