Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opened the pool a few days ago, What levels should I do for SLAMing?

1. Back To Top    #1

Opened the pool a few days ago, What levels should I do for SLAMing?

Hello All,

Pool was a swamp. Vacuumed as much junk off the bottom as I could and scrubbed. Next morning it was already blue instead of green. I had put about 5.5 or so gallons of chlorine in. This was Monday evening.

Pool currently looks blue but cloudy. I'm wondering what I should get my levels to, to SLAM. In my notes from previous year I have written down 60 CYA is about 24 FC to shock, I just cant find the little graph I got that from.

Here are my results, I'm going to run out there and put a little chlorine in and lower the PH. Wondering what I should do for CYA/FC after that. Going to go grab a bunch of salt so I can get the SWG going too. thanks for any suggestions

FC - .5
    CC - .5-1
    PH - 8.2+
    Salt - 1960ppm
    TA - 40
    CH - 60
    CYA - 20
    Aaron
    26' Octagon, IG Pool, ~16gal, 5-5 1/2' deep, Liner, Sand Filter, Polaris Autoclear salt system, 3/4hp Pump, Pool Blaster Max Vacuum, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opened the pool a few days ago, What levels should I do for SLAMing?

Actually, I just retested FC/CC with a fresh sample and better lighting... It appears that

FC - 0
    CC - 0

I believe the testing chemicals i'm using are from last season (stored inside). So I'm not sure. I'll try to level a few things and retest in a little bit.
    Aaron
    26' Octagon, IG Pool, ~16gal, 5-5 1/2' deep, Liner, Sand Filter, Polaris Autoclear salt system, 3/4hp Pump, Pool Blaster Max Vacuum, TF-100 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Get the pH to 7.2-7.4. Is this the graph you were looking for? Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

- - - Updated - - -

Last year's chemicals should be fine if stored indoors.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Get the pH to 7.2-7.4. Is this the graph you were looking for? Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

- - - Updated - - -

Last year's chemicals should be fine if stored indoors.

Yes thats it! thank you. I just put some chlorine and acid in so I'll retest in a little bit.
    Aaron

5. Back To Top    #5

Good deal. Don't go crazy with the chlorine until you get that pH down. Do you remember how to SLAM your pool? Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain