First timer results are in

May 22, 2016
Henderson NV
Ok. Just received my tf100 kit today and tried some tests. Here are my results.

Ph 7.6
Fc 1.5
cc 2.0
cya <10
ta 160
ch 375

water temp is about 70*F

Pretty sure I need to add stabilizer to get it up around 40 but not sure what to do about the cc? Should want to see 0 correct?
what do the experienced recommend? Thanks!

That 2 CC is worrisome.

Right now, I'd dump enough bleach in to get it to 10 FC. It's cheap insurance.

Then add enough CYA to get to 30.

With luck, since it's a fresh fill and the CC may come from the chloramines some water companies use, the water will be clear and the CC will be zero tomorrow. You might want to boost FC to 10 before you leave for work in the morning. I hesitate to recommend a full-on SLAM Process since it is new water. A Overnight Chlorine Loss Testwill tell you for sure.

If no SLAM Process is needed, then you can add more CYA to get to 60 and just maintain things normally. If the water doesn't improve and/or you fail the OCLT, you want the CYA low. Otherwise, 30 CYA is too low for Vegas.

I know, clear as a troublecode flow chart.

Ok. Got my Intex sand filter hooked up yesterday and wow! What a difference it made. I turned the outlet nozzle towards the bottom of the pool at a slight angle and it swirls this little pool like a toilet. I swear you could watch the water clear up within minutes. I had the fc up to a 10 the night before to get rid of my cc of 2. It was about a fc of 5 and cc less than 1 this morning so I let the kids swim all day. I just retested right now and I think everything is ok.

Ph 7.6
fc 3
cc<.5
cya 30-40
ta 150
ch 450
not sure why my ch went up from first test though.
should I add some bleach to bring it up to a fc of 5 or leave it at 3 and do a oclt and see if it stays around 3 over night?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.