Basic test kit, numbers.

May 9, 2016
Carthage TX
Surface
Vinyl
So i bought a Walmart test kit until i can get the tf-100. I also picked up some 10% liquid bleach on sale for 2.50 per.

It doesn't give me FC/TC, just chlorine/bromine level? I measured my pool today and here are the numbers.

CL= .5-1
pH=7.5
CH=240
CYA=30
TA=33
I know I need to add the chlorine, but I believe the rest of the numbers are within a decent range.

ALSO, the water is getting green, do I need to SLAM it?

What he said ^^^

To save some future grief and buying a lot of extra bleach in the future, you can try to maintain 12 FC every day by using poolmath. Take your reading, plug it into poolmath as the Now and use 12 for Target. That'll keep it from getting worse. It might even clear things, but you can't consider the SLAM Processfinished until you've gotten accurate measurements with the FAS-DPD chlorine test. This is just a stopgap procedure so your pool doesn't turn into lime jello while you're waiting for the TF100.

You could assume your FC is 1ppm.
Use PoolMath to target 12ppm (your shock level for CYA of 30ppm)
Add that amount of bleach.
Add 1 bottle of bleach daily after that until your FAS-DPD test kit arrives.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.