Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Overnight chlorine test question

1. Back To Top    #1

Overnight chlorine test question

This evening I will take a reading at sunset with my kit. Tomorrow will take another one at sunrise. I have a variable speed pump. Should I leave the pump all night running at full power or 50 or 60% of the power will suffice?

The reason I ask is not because I am worry about the power bill. Not at all. Next to the pump there is a bedroom and I don't want to disturb my friend because of the noise.

Look like a silly question but I just want to do the test properly.

Thank you!
    15K gallons, Plaster, Taylor K-2006C & TF-100, DE, non SWG, Hayward TriStar VS variable pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Overnight chlorine test question

Actually the pump does not need to be running all night. You just want well mixed sample at each test time. 30-60 minutes of pump running at 60% should be sufficient before each test.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Overnight chlorine test question

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    Actually the pump does not need to be running all night. You just want well mixed sample at each test time. 30-60 minutes of pump running at 60% should be sufficient before each test.
    Thank you!

15K gallons, Plaster, Taylor K-2006C & TF-100, DE, non SWG, Hayward TriStar VS variable pump