proper setting for IC40 cell

gmac

May 14, 2016
Friendswood, TX
Just put in a new Intellichlor IC40 cell, and the pool company I had do the install (to get the full warranty) said it needs to be set at 100% during the summer (Friendswood, texas). I told her the last IC40 I had, I never had to set it anywhere near that high.

Does this sound right? What should proper setting be? My pool is pretty large, approx. 20' x 45' with a 9 ft. deep end.

gmac,

Just set it to what you want, I see no need to listen to anyone that thinks that setting it to 100% is the answer. Obviously, the amount of chlorine generated by your IC40 is a combination of the amount of time you run your pump and the percentage you set on the IC40. A shorter run time on the pump will mean you will have to set a higher percentage on the SWG.

This is something that you will need to figure out on your own. To start off I'd set the percentage to what you had with your original SWG and the same pump run time, then measure the FC each day for several days and see where your are.

You can then adjust the SWG and/or the pump speed to match what you want. In my mind this is a moving target, as the summer gets hotter I have to adjust the percentage up and then back down as the weather gets cooler.

Jim R.

I have a 18 x 36 with a Pentair IC 40. I normally run mine at 40% for 11 hours a day. Could most likely get by with a little less. During the really hot months it might take a little more but never close to 100%. Your pool is much larger than mine so you need to monitor your Chlorine level keep it within limits and adjust the run time for how it fits your pool. 100% 24 hours a day and my Chorine level would be off the scale. Your water temp could be much higher also that would increase the demand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.