Test results.....What next?

You don't need borax or muratic acid

Borax raises pH and muratic acid lowers pH. You are at 7.5 which is perfect no need to raise or lower.

Your chlorine is a little low for CYA=40. You should target 5 and NEVER go below 3. Add a little bleach to get that up. Then use tonight to conduct an Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) to verify nothing is growing in the water and go swimming.

I agree. All you need right now is some more bleach. You should never dip below 3 Fc and you should target something like 5 or 6 or even 7 when you add, just enough to keep you above 3 until you can test again tomorrow. It's whatever your pool needs, based on usage and sunlight and so on. Testing will tell you when you've reached the ideal target for you. Don't worry, you'll soon learn the pool's appetite and it won't be so much bother.

If you have the borax and acid standing by to Add Borates, wait. Once you add borates, it becomes very hard to lower TA, and yours looks high. It'll come down over time as you adjust pH, so be patient. Get the hang of the basic pool chemistry before you start messing with the options.

So, I am still amazed at how easy it is to maintain my pool. It's been two weeks since we opened the pool....and as the weeks go by I am waiting for something to be off/go wrong.....but nothing. Water is crystal clear and am getting the hand of just how much bleach I need to add on a regular basis to maintain good level. Tonight's readings:
FC 3.5
CC 0
TA 170
CYA 50
PH 7.5

I have borax and muriatic acid. Question is should I add these? Just afraid that I will mess something up. Still can't believe how easy this is. Thanks for all the tips/info :D

Your next and continuing step is education. You need to understand why you are testing those particular parameters and what the results mean.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That'll start your progress but our job now is to get you self-sufficient so you never go in the Pool Store and you understand the chemistry that is transpiring in your pool

So, I am still amazed at how easy it is to maintain my pool. It's been two weeks since we opened the pool....and as the weeks go by I am waiting for something to be off/go wrong.....but nothing.
Your pool is not static. It is changing and you will need some adjustments. You will be a true TFP'r when you know how much and why you need to adjust!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.