Hayward AQR-15 with 40K cell too small for 38K size pool..any one have this set up?

JoeRJGR

Jun 19, 2013
Freehold NJ
Hi folks,

Been thinking about a SWG for a while sinvce I travel a lot...got a lot of positive feedback here. Thanks for that. My problem now is I was going to go with the Hayward 40K unit because my pool is 38,000 gallons. Hayward is the most installations in the US and I like most of their stuff. But a lot of peole think it will be working too hard or wont even keep up with the chlorine demand.

Does any have a 38 - 40K pool and using this set-up? do you need to run your pump 24/7?

Thanks!

Running the pump 24/7 was required when I had my 60,000 gallon CompuPool system, and it had to be on 100%. Now I run my pump 24/7 because it's more efficient at the lower speed, but my new Circupool RJ-60+ runs at 30%.

Look at pounds per day output of the different models, that's the best way to choose.
Full Market Comparison of Salt Water Chlorine Generators for Swimming Pools

There's more to it, also. Running your system 100% for 24/7 will lead to an early death of your cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.