Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump run time with infloor system and variable speed pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

Pump run time with infloor system and variable speed pump

Hi there! I'm new to TFP and working on transition to liquid chlorine from Trichlor after noticing decreased clarity and very "slight" algae growth on a few small areas around pool. my FC was 5 but since my CYA is 80, I clearly need more FC. Don't really trust the pool stores and all the algea killing products. So working on getting the CYA down and transitioning to liquid chlorine. Pool build 6 months ago.
    So as I head into VERY HOT summer months here in Texas, I'm wondering how long I should run the pump. It's a variable speed so I can program it however I'd like and I also have an infloor system to clean, etc. Is it okay to not have it run at all for a period of time each day? or should I just leave it on a really low setting continuously? I took the trichlor pucks out of the in-line chlorinator which is at pool side; I had initially been running pump to keep FAC levels correct.
    Ingound, 22,000 gal Chlorine pool, Hayward cartridge filter, A&A infloor cleaning system

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Pump run time with infloor system and variable speed pump

Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner