Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pump, SWG and Automation. Can someone advise if this is the correct equipment?

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pump, SWG and Automation. Can someone advise if this is the correct equipment?

Hi All,

I'd appreciate any insight into my upcoming project.

My Zodiac Duo Clear SWG packed it in at the end of last season (after 8 seasons of trouble free operation), Hayward Tri-Star pump isn't long for this world and I'd like to add an automation system to my backyard.

I'm thinking of adding the following equipment

Hayward OmniLogic HLBASE
    Hayward MaxFlo VS SP2302VSP
    Hayward TCELL925CUL
    Hayward PKIT Flo Switch
    Hayward GVA24 Actuators for Waterfall, Pool Cleaner and to adjust returns.

The OmniLogic will control all of the above plus a Hayward H-Series Heater, Aqua/Lamp Pool Lights & Landscaping Lighting.

Will all of these play nicely together? Am I missing any critical components? Any suggestions on alternate components?
    40,000L (10,500G) 17 x 30 Pioneer "Trinity" Vinyl IG
    Hayward OmniLogic, Hayward TCELL925-CUL SWG, Hayward SP23520VSP MaxFlo Pump, Club Pro SM2506T Sand Filter, Hayward H-Series Heater, Zodiac G3 Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pump, SWG and Automation. Can someone advise if this is the correct equipment

Sorry you haven't gotten a response. I'm not much of an automation expert though. I would think if they all say Hayward, it should work! Contact Hayward directly and ask them about your set up. Never a better time to test their customer service than before you purchase their equipment (instead of after!).
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pump, SWG and Automation. Can someone advise if this is the correct equipment

I ordered all of the above over the weekend from the company that built my pool. They were not very helpful at all specing the equipment. Interestingly enough, I called 3 pool guys, and 3 pool stores and none of them could have an intelligent conversation about this project. Most of them showed zero interesting in supply of installation.

I did call Hayward Canada and while they were nice they couldn't provide a decent reason why I should go OmniLogic over ProLogic other than, "It's the latest and the greatest".

The new gear will be here within a week. If anyone has suggestions for me on this I'm all ears!
    40,000L (10,500G) 17 x 30 Pioneer "Trinity" Vinyl IG
    Hayward OmniLogic, Hayward TCELL925-CUL SWG, Hayward SP23520VSP MaxFlo Pump, Club Pro SM2506T Sand Filter, Hayward H-Series Heater, Zodiac G3 Cleaner.