Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Temperature Reading Adjustment - Omnilogic

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Temperature Reading Adjustment - Omnilogic

Hi, after numerous tests with various pool thermometers testing the temp of the water in the pool itself, we feel like the temperature reading on our Omnilogic pad and app are about two degrees higher than the actual temp.

Didn't see anything in the manual about adjusting this in the Omnilogic manual. Anyone know a way?

If not, no biggy as I will just minus two degrees off the ready gong on my app, lol.

Gallons 13,860 / IG Pebble / Hayward OmniLogic / Hayward Swim Clear Filter / Hayward EcoStar / Hayward TriStar VS (for water features) / Hayward HeatPro Heat Pump / Date of build 3/11/16 / Other features: Spa / Hayward Colorlogic LED lights (2 in pool / 1 in spa) / Pentair LED Bubblers (2 one on each sun shelf) / Pentair Color Cascade Laminars (4 around pool) / Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Water Temperature Reading Adjustment - Omnilogic

I think that is standard way for some reason, mine is the intermatic PE653 and about the same temp diff
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Water Temperature Reading Adjustment - Omnilogic

Just providing an update - currently is seems that there is a 5 to 6 degree difference between what several pool thermometers say and what Ominlogic is stating as far as pool water temperature.

Getting a reading of 90 or 91 (bouncing back and further) during the hottest part of the day with the Omnilogic when the thermometers in the pool are hitting 84 or 85. See screen shot below:

Spoke with Hayward on the phone who said - somewhat unconfidently - the true temp reading from Omnilogic should be within 1 degree of accuracy and suggested the 3 month old thermostats might be bad.

Reached out to the pool builder who has typically been super response but can't seem to get a response on this issue. But, I'll keep at it.

If anyone else is experiencing a large degree difference I'd love to hear about it - maybe this is normal? First pool here, and while the temp issue hasn't effected us yet, I am thinking that in the winter when we want to crank up the hot tub not having this fixed Amy mean Omnilogic won't let us get to the max temp since it is reading 5 degrees higher than true temp.
    Gallons 13,860 / IG Pebble / Hayward OmniLogic / Hayward Swim Clear Filter / Hayward EcoStar / Hayward TriStar VS (for water features) / Hayward HeatPro Heat Pump / Date of build 3/11/16 / Other features: Spa / Hayward Colorlogic LED lights (2 in pool / 1 in spa) / Pentair LED Bubblers (2 one on each sun shelf) / Pentair Color Cascade Laminars (4 around pool) / Taylor K-2006 Test Kit