Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ladder problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Ladder problems

Some cracks have developed around the ladder holes and I am unable to get it to go in. I swear the cracks were not there last year, but I can't be 100 percent certain. The pool guy said they had to use a jack to get it out when they closed the pool last fall. The ladder arms are a little out of shape but not to the point that it seems like they wouldn't go in. He said he would try a new ladder and if that doesn't work, the concrete will have to be cut out and new holes put in place. Thoughts? Edit: I just saw that there are some grass blades in the bottom right of the pic, those aren't cracks but they kind of look like it.

SLAM * Chlorine/CYA Chart * Pool Math * Pool School
    17.5k gal IG Fiberglass, Triton II TR60 Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magum Force Pump 1.5 hp, 3/4 hp booster, Polaris 280, TF-100 Test Kit with Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ladder problems

How old is the pool?

I suspect they did this when the jacked out the ladder. But that may just be part of the risk of doing something to get the ladder out. Because your fiberglass pool doesn't resist lateral movement of your deck and I bet there is no rebar.

I think you should cut and replace this will only get worse
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it an option to not have a ladder ?
    23,000 gallons IG gunite, pebble (I think)
    Hayward SP2610X15 1.5 HP Pump, Hayward sand filter
    Mineral Springs SWCG (it's actually Hayward/Goldline), Hayward Goldline T-CELL-15
    Polaris pool cleaner (with booster pump)
    TF-100, SpeedStir, K-1766 Taylor Salt Test, Lamotte Borate test strips

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    How old is the pool?

I suspect they did this when the jacked out the ladder. But that may just be part of the risk of doing something to get the ladder out. Because your fiberglass pool doesn't resist lateral movement of your deck and I bet there is no rebar.

I think you should cut and replace this will only get worse
    Pool is 8 years old. Seems like they could have lubed it or something rather than jacking it and ruining the ladder and the concrete both. No telling how much it will cost to repair.
    SLAM * Chlorine/CYA Chart * Pool Math * Pool School
    17.5k gal IG Fiberglass, Triton II TR60 Sand Filter, Jacuzzi Magum Force Pump 1.5 hp, 3/4 hp booster, Polaris 280, TF-100 Test Kit with Speed Stir