Swim season starts this weekend

Oct 6, 2015
TX
Hi all,
I've been maintaining my pool since last Oct using the TFP method. This is the first weekend we're going to be swimming with company (no pressure! :rabbit:) These are my current levels:

FC 8 (Got a little too excited!)
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 50
CH 190
CYA 40

I know I have to raise CH but haven't gotten around to ordering it yet. I was thinking of lowering pH to 7.2. Would that be wise? I could raise CYA but I'm going to out for 2 months in the summer and having to hire a pool co. and they'll be using pucks.

If there's a heavy swimmer load (no babies/toddlers) the main contaminants will be sun block and bug spray.

1. So if swimming starts saturday morning, what time should I test the water and add chemicals?
2. How long after adding chemicals can people go in?
3. Should I test at the end of the day as well?
4. Anything else?

Thanks as always for helping :)

Your numbers look good right where they are - except CH. But you're on that already. :) I wouldn't lower pH to 7.2 just for them though. Maybe Friday adjust if it's at about 7.7-7.8.

For your questions:
1 - Test water early Sat morning and adjust. It's all good after mixing for about 30 min anyway.
2 - About 30 min is plenty with pump mixing real well
3 - Yes, after the party. But if you can't, at least add 1/2 - 1 gallon of bleach to help the pool bounce-back from the stress.
4 - Yes ... have fun. :cheers:

- - - Updated - - -

After the party, keep an eye on the TA so it doesn't drop below 50. Especially if your pool requires frequent acid for the pH, it's always bringing the TA down with it, so just be mindful of that as well. Enjoy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.